Carter Murray is looking for a Conservator Senior Specialist (Contemporary and Modern Art) for a giga-project in the tourism and entertainment industry.
The ideal candidate will implement strategy, policies and procedures related to the conservation and preservation of the organisation collections and exhibitions. The post will focus on the conservation and preservation of Contemporary and Modern Art Works and Installations, including Time Based Media managed by the organisation Collections Department.
The position is based in Saudi Arabia.
- Produce Condition Reports and Treatment proposals on contemporary and modern art collections and installations and time based media to assess their condition and mitigate any identified deterioration.
- Undertake preventive and remedial processes to ensure the stability of the contemporary and modern art collections.
- Develop and implement conservation work programs in conjunction with direct manager.
- Design, implement, maintain and review training materials for conservation of objects and deliver training for staff in order to enhance the staff skills in conservation techniques and practices.
- Build and maintain partnerships with relevant external stakeholders to keep updated with the latest and most advance conservation techniques and practices.
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects concerning the care, maintenance, preventive conservation or restoration of the collections, and recommend appropriate storage and display conditions.
- Prepare Contemporary and Modern Art Collections and provide conservation support for exhibitions and installations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Art Conservation or equivalent (Master's Degree Preferred)
- 5 years of relevant practical experience
- Written and oral proficiency of English language.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.