Dubai, United Arab Emirates
about 2 months ago
Carter Murray in Dubai have been tasked with searching for a General Manager for a Luxury Home Furnishings business based here in Dubai.
The candidate we select will have the following responsibilities:
- Take full profit and loss responsibility for the UAE operations
- Establish with the CEO the commercial priorities ad objectives as well as long and short term business plans
- Develop and execute the annual business plan in accordance with the growth plans and alignment
- Manage clear communications with different stakeholders at different levels - i.e Board of Directors , Group CEO
- Balance organisational priorities through structured strategic plan and management system , to ensure their goals are achieved.
- Analyse market trends to adapt / review the strategy to enter new growing channels while ensuring the performance of existing ones
- Provide direction and leadership to operations, Sales and marketing; HR & Supply Chain functions to improve commercial operations and develop the leadership team into industry leaders.
- Motivate the UAE office to meet and exceed their goals and ensure long term positive growth & profitability.
- Ensure effective communication of the strategic plans with partners and suppliers.
- Oversee the development of the sales and marketing budget to formulate mid and long term budgets and forecasts. Includes channel specific sales plans, product gross margin as well as sales and marketing costs.
- Review business performance and sales strategies and make changes as needed with focus on achieving fiscal goals
- Develop and build business relationships with major key partners with a focus on meeting the account needs and managing / growing the business profitability.
Ideal profile we are looking for:
Industry: Consumer Durable or Furniture
Current Company: MEA/ Multinational or leading company in Furniture / Consumer durable
Current position: Regional GM, Commercial Head , Business Head
Requisite Education & Experience
- University educated with an MBA preferred and a career with significant MNC exposure and understanding of compliance
- At least 10 years working in a consumer durable retail and ecommerce , with a minimum of five years in a management capacity
- Proven commercial skills at managing a P&L and sensitivity to financial data
- Exposure to retail operations , visual merchandising, & marketing in support of consumer durable brands
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent key account , distributor and vendor relations.
- MEA market focus with a track record of multiple regions and national coverage.
- Highly organised, detail orientated, able to meet tight deadlines and exceed targets.
- High interest in working in a performance based culture.
If you feel you match the brief, then please apply on the link provided.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.