SENIOR EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS / MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGER -ASSET MANAGEMENT
£75-90000+bonus,bens (salary dependant on experience)
Exciting newly created opportunity for an experienced Media Relations professional from the Asset Management sector to join a growing and dynamic global asset management organisation
Reporting into the Head of Communications, you will play a key role in driving external communications and proactive media relations activity in the UK and continental Europe.
You will manage the development and execution of a media engagement plan for the EMEA region to reflect the corporate messaging, business development and priority investment strategies in the region. This will include consideration of the company's profile as well as raising the profile of the investment teams
- Provide management and oversight of all aspects of media relations output and coordination, including creation of press releases, holding statements, Q&A and key message documents, briefing documents, meeting organisation and hosting, media training organisation.
- Keep abreast of relevant topics in the media, and act as a point of contact for inbound media enquiries
- Organise and co-ordinate media briefings and launch events
- Work with the Marketing team to contribute to the long-form content strategy across blog posts, SEO, client newsletters etc
- Develop & execute engaging content that corresponds and supports marketing campaigns.
- Help to track, monitor and report on both the print and online media visibility of the organisation.
- Strong current/recent experience in media relations and external communications gained in an international or global asset management business
- Experience with asset management should ideally come from the Institutional and/or Intermediary space
- Proven recent experience and track record of building direct strong relationships with the UK financial media and investment trade press
- Experience of managing media relations across continental Europe (especially France, Germany, the Nordics is preferred)-you will need experience of either working directly with European based journalists or using agencies in Europe
- Track record of developing proactive media relations activities to raise a firm's brand profile and ideally experience of raising the profile of investment teams
- Strong written skills
- French and/or German language skills would be an advantage but are not essential
Please send your cv to emmajerome via the link provided
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.